St Joseph’s Chaplaincy Team
Key Stage 2 children have the opportunity to serve our school as part of the chaplaincy team. Anyone can apply, members will be given a special chaplaincy badge at assembly.
The Chaplaincy team play a vital role in the spiritual life of the school and are supported by the Headteacher and R.E. Subject leader.
The roles of our Chaplaincy team include the following:
- To help the school to be a community of faith.
- To encourage the pupils to live their faith in daily living.
- To develop good relationships within and beyond the school community.
- To support Liturgy, prayer and the spiritual life of the school.
- To involve pupils in fundraising for charities.
- To continue to develop strong links with the Parish and Community.
- To support the school in its Mission Statement.
The following are our five top tips to help us to be a successful and effective Chaplaincy Team:
- Listen to each other’s ideas.
- Communicate with all team members, school and Parish.
- Encourage everyone when making decisions, to share their ideas and to try their best.
- Include everyone when making decisions.
- Lead by example, love everyone, care for everyone especially people you don’t get on with.